Round 2! Fight! Or… uh, recap! Yeah, recapping works too. Greetings! The second episode is here for LBP Community Rewind, a fortnightly Sackinima blog series that looks back over recent news and shenanigans for the ever-zany LBP community, submitted by members of the community itself (along with my own research). By ‘recent’, we mean within the last four weeks before each feature, and by ‘news and shenanigans’, that includes promoting anything ranging from levels, projects, contests, tutorials, fan art, etc.
We appreciate any content submitted that fits with Rewind’s goals, whether it’s been created by you or someone else. You’re welcome to share this content with us in the series’ appropriate thread on LittleBigNetwork, LittleBigForum, Sackinima Forums, or LittleBigPlanetarium. Or you can send the content over via Twitter to the official @SackinimaForums account! What’s sent to us doesn’t have to be much at all, and every contribution helps. 🙂 We’re also looking for a couple people who can help be a part of a Rewind team of sorts, helping me scour out community content along with whatever the community sends themselves.
Finally, thanks to niall-mag, AL2009man, and TheAliklumKnight for their contributions to Episode 2 via the Sackinima Forums thread. Time to Rewind!
* Click pictures to expand them, and click the links for more details. *
– Darkcloudrepeat has started up his “Darkness Into Light” contest, which focuses on making a film/playable level using any sort of light source to help make one’s way through an area shrouded in darkness. Entry window is August 10th-17th. Prizes will be a choice of the €10 PSN credit OR €10 (or $,£ equivalant) donation to a charity of the winner’s choosing, so long as there’s a way to donate online for the charity chosen.
– LittleBigForum’s fourth crown competition, LBFC4: Together United, has officially kicked off. Coinciding with the fansite’s third anniversary, the contest will have you “create a platformer based on each of the characters from LittleBigPlanet 3: Sackboy, Oddsock, Toggle and Swoop.” The deadline is August 23rd.
– The results are in for the Sackinima-exclusive “Bossing Around” Competition by Dragonvarsity. Congrats to the winner mentioned in the spoiler there!
– Signups are now open for Create Marathon 6, which will take place on the weekend of August 1st and August 2nd. You can check out the official @Create_Marathon Twitter account for further updates and also sign up for the event on the forums.
– On LBN, the Summer Postcard Contest or “SackFun in the Sun Contest” has just been kicked off by the sexy sack man, and has contestants “create a summer scene and post your picture in this thread for everyone to enjoy!” The deadline is August 16th, with the prize for the winning postcard being the LittleBigNetwork pin.
– PlayStation Home’s Central Plaza Top-down Tour: Remastered by AL2009man: https://lbp.me/v/qw0t0mg
– LittleBigPlanet Restitched by niall-mag (Help wanted!)
– Project French Guard by Glitchfish and co.
– Untitled Toggle Project by shookie99
– Untitled Bouncy, Water-Filled Level by @DavideJolly
– Upcoming City Level by SR28
– Champion of Avengard by @Conduit_Flux
– Pairs – Unleashed by CuriousSack
– Untitled Level with Super Crazy Logic Going On by @FabFio71
– Live on Stage – Time Dance by CuriousSack
– Sackland (RPG) by Nova
– Don’t Let Them In by Kato
– Morning Hymn by CuriousSack
– Chrono Chrysalis by @Xyphas
– Swoop Slap by @HFMiles
– Groovitron in Action by @LBPlombax7
– StevenIsbell by @jak_1243
– Fear Kratos by @ChudzinskiKevin
– Art Requests/Gifts from June 6th to July 18th by @AntiLBPFan
– Springinator OddSock by @LBPlombax7
– Princess Amy Pud by @DragonRatTiger <3 <3