Pick up the Marvel™ Mega Pack containing all of our Marvel DLC for £4.99/€5.99!
— LittleBigPlanet (@LittleBigPlanet) December 15, 2015
Time for another patch to round out 2015! Game Update 1.17 went live for LittleBigPlanet 3 on Thursday, December 17th, and makes a number of changes that are noted below (quoting StevenI from his post on the PlayStation Blog). You can discuss the patch over on the forums here (thanks for setting up a thread on v1.17, Sakura). Aside from the new fixes and improvements to LBP3, it has also been announced that all Marvel-themed DLC for the game has been compiled together into the Marvel Mega Pack, selling for £4.99/€5.99, or for those in the U.S., $40.99 regularly and $14.35 if you have a PS+ subscription.
If you still want to grab some Marvel-based DLC in LittleBigPlanet, then you’ll want to make sure not to dilly dally, as the “Super Sale” ends on December 31st, when all Marvel DLC will be removed from the PlayStation Store (with no expectation for them to return, judging by the Marvel Mega Pack’s DLC page)
Update Notes 1.17
- Fixed an issue with Community Adventures that would cause considerable lag and potential stalling when browsing the Community menu.
- Players can no longer publish LittleBigPlanet 3 levels over LittleBigPlanet or LittleBigPlanet 2 levels; this prevented players from receiving messages about being unable to publish when attempting to do this and players will now instead be informed that this specific action is the reason they cannot publish.
- Fixed a crashing issue that may occur when using the Last Played feature whilst playing offline and the last level played was a Popit Puzzle.
- Fixed a crashing issue that may occur when using the Slice N’ Dice Tool to cut through a hollow shape whilst spamming the X button.
- Your character’s avatar on Level Reviews will now display your current costume.
- Destroying all of the Creature Brains on a creation will now destroy all of the connected parts.
- The I. AM. INVINCIBLE Trophy and Pins will now correctly unlock in Community Adventures; as well as regular Community Levels.
Prologue – Needlepoint Peaks
- Fixed a number of potential level escapes in Needlepoint Peaks.
- The Follower Chip will now light up when activated.
- The Physics Tweaker Chip will now light up when activated.
- Fixed some speed discrepancies with the Speed Sensor across PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.
- The SackPocket Tweaker will now display the correct Quantity when using the SackPocket Sensor.
- Paintings that include Black Paint and Transparent Backgrounds will now save correctly.
- Paintings that include Stickers will now save correctly.
DC Comics Level Kit Premium Level Pack
- The Space Background Material will now display correctly.